Students and teachers get very hands-on with these highly engaging modules for learning. Each is carefully designed to create a challenging STEAMmaker learning environment at a beginner Level 1 difficulty. Once the first level is mastered, participants are encouraged to ramp up to Level 2 and eventually to Level 3. It’s at Level 3 where participants are fully immersed in the maker movement in education.
List of Modules currently available:
Coding & Languages
Campers get to learn the basics of coding, including video games, website building, and more! Teachers and students dig in to learn together at a level just right for everyone.
Aeronautics: Rocketry & Fluid Design
Campers get to play with the fluid design of air through fun challenges for our vertical wind tunnel, as well as paper rocket design. We’re always surprised just how many ways we can learn to ride the air!
Circuitry and Electronics
Electronics and Circuitry come to life for even the reluctant newbie camper! Campers learn and play with littleBit, Chibitronics, MaKey MaKeys, and are then challenged to wire a model house!
Campers get to make music either with software or by building their own instruments! Combine with a few friends and start your own band! Each musician is encouraged to publish their own music.
Wind power is a technology of now and campers get to learn how to make their own electricity!
Robot Design & Programming
Nothing gets campers’ minds excited than imagining, designing, and building their own robots! Campers are able to play & learn with several pieces of hardware, learning to design, build, and program their own robots!
Campers will make a cool gadget bag (or something fun) to learn the basics of sewing. Then they’ll ramp up to add cool electronics and circuitry for true “wearable tech.”
3D Design and Printing
At this module, campers learn how to use 3D design software to create models that they can then print out! Create something brand new and watch it materialize before your eyes!
Campers get to make their own paper, notebooks, or stationery. And if they’re clever, they can mashup this module with another to hack their own notebooks!
Deconstruction & Autopsy
Campers learn how things work by carefully deconstructing (not destructing) everyday objects.
Using the technology of today, campers are challenged to re-envision the Victorian past.
Campers get hands-on to learn to use some of the tools of today to make beautiful art!
Level 3 Challenges:
- Design and build a piece of wearable technology that makes life better for a specific segment of the population.
- Build your own online storefront business. Set a goal for profits and plan and execute a way to achieve your goals.
- Design a robot that will make life better for a specific segment of the population.
- Produce and market your own music collection.
- Design and create a public performance of your choice that has a specific audience reaction and outcome for a specific purpose.
- Make something that makes the world a little bit better for someone.
- Make a video game that matters.
- Team choice (approved by Camp Coordinator)